Linda Higgins Empowerment Scholarship
The scholarship shall be awarded to four students annually; preferably two in the Spring and two in the Fall. Recipients will demonstrate financial need. Incoming undergraduate students should demonstrate good academic standing (high school average of 85 or higher) and current undergraduate students or incoming/current graduate students should have an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher. Preference will be given, in the following order, to students who are single parents, adult students who are entering or returning to college, and students who have experienced significant personal life challenges.
- Award Amounts Vary
- Honors and Scholarships 718-997-5502
- Supplemental Questions
- Single parent, adult student, other personal life challenge.
- Briefly, please explain your difficulties and how it has related to your continued education.
- Do you fall under one of the following categories?
- If you do not yet have a grade point average at Queens College, what is your g.p.a. from your prior school?